Sunday, November 10, 2019

Curriculum for "Success in Life" School

What would be in your curriculum for a Success in Life school?

Great question. I’ve published my recommended bibliography long since: https://faculty.darden.virginia....
On that list, Driven, The Evolving Self, A Song of Humanity, A Guide to Rational Living, Shadow Syndromes, and The Drama of the Gifted Child would be core reading.
The course topics would include the following:
  1. Who am I? Why people behave the way they do.
  2. It all comes down to VABEs. (Seeing and identifying semi-conscious Values, Assumptions, Beliefs and Expectations about the way the world is or should be).  People, in general, make decisions more on their VABEs than new evidence.  
  3. What’s my story? How to understand your past and create your future.  What future vision do you see?  If not, do you have a story to sell?
  4. Can I sell my story? How to influence others.
  5. Can I organize to help not hinder? Fundamentals of Effective Organizational Architecture
  6. Am I a Change Master? Understanding the change process big and small.
  7. Be a Net Contributor not a Net Extractor: how unfettered greed destroys capitalism and democracies.
I have, in fact, been teaching this course worldwide for 25 years on every continent except Antarctica. Personal Web - James G. Clawson See also Getting Below the Surface
I will be curious to see what others will say. Again, great question. We know what Stephen Covey would say (he was my first instructor in business school), what L. Ron Hubbard would say, what Zig Ziglar would say, what the Osteens would say, etc. It will be fun to see what your readers say. 8=)  Posted on Quora.

No comments:

Post a Comment